WHO WE ARE
At Threshold Sports we create extraordinary events with extraordinary outcomes. We believe More Is In You so we think up and deliver breath-taking sporting challenges for people or companies looking to push themselves to greater things.
Our commitment to care doesn’t stop on our events. We care about your personal data and ensuring you’re informed about how we use it. Threshold Sports promises to protect your data,and to manage any information you share with us in line with data protection laws.
Please read this policy carefully, along with our event Terms and Conditions upon registration and any other documents referred to in this policy, to understand how we collect, use and store your personal information.
If you have any questions about how Threshold Sports processes your information, please get touch using the details in the “Contact us” section below.
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Depending on your interaction with Threshold Sports, we’ll collect the following types of information about you for marketing purposes:
Register Interest form on the website:
- Your contact details, such as name, email address
- Your personal information such as gender, walker or runner
- What event packages you are interested in, how you have heard about our event
Event Registration form if you sign up to an event and click the newsletter opt in:
- Your contact details, such as name, postal address, email address
- Your personal information such as gender, your date of birth
- Your event history, if you have taken part in our events before
- Your interests, how you plan on completing the event and how you have heard about us
Registered for an event:
Upon registration the Participant agrees and consents to Threshold using his/her personal details provided in his/her Online Registration Form and Online Confirmation for the following purposes:
- Event administration
- As the Event organiser, Threshold requires a record of your registration details including third party emergency contact details for internal administration purposes in order to properly conduct and to safely administer the Event.
- Threshold will also keep records of medical information provided that it is kept confidential and may be shared only with medical personnel or teams allocated to the Event. Such information shall be deleted within a reasonable time following the completion of the Event unless you agree that we may use such information in your entry for future Threshold events, which are staged within a reasonable timeframe thereafter.
- By registering for an event you acknowledge that our events may be televised, filmed and/or otherwise recorded and photographs and/or footage may be taken, all of which may capture your participation in any such event. By entering an event you grant us and those authorised by us the free and unfettered right to use such photographs, filming and recording for any purposes it deems reasonable including, but not limited to, publication, display, sale and distribution by means of film, television, radio, print media, internet, publicity material or any other new media now or in the future.
- Digital communications
- Threshold will use the Participant’s contact data submitted on the Online Registration Form to send the Participant information via social networks, by e-mail and/or by SMS relating to the Event, other Threshold events and any further categories of news and promotional information as the Participant may have requested on the Online Registration Form.
- The Participant acknowledges and agrees that Threshold may send additional notifications following the Event inviting the Participant to submit or renew his/her registration for any future Threshold events.
- The Participant acknowledges and agrees that Threshold may send an SMS notification during the Event for logistical purposes, to highlight changes or revisions to the planned route where information needs to be quickly communicated to the whole field of Participants.
THIRD PARTY DATA COLLECTION AND HOUSING
Registered for an event
When registering for an event all information relating to Participants collected by or on behalf of Threshold from which each Participant can be identified will be recorded electronically and will be used at all times in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and, from 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679/EU) and all applicable laws and regulations relating to the processing of personal data and privacy. Threshold Sports will disclose such information to a third party as necessary in connection with the safe organisation staging and administration of the Event, including but not limited to, medical teams, timing teams and race pack fulfilment. Save as expressly stated herein and under the associated event Rules and Regulations, Threshold Sports will not disclose information to any third parties. Each Participant is entitled to withdraw his/her consent to categories of e-mail and/or SMS communications from Threshold and can do so at anytime by either: i) following the opt-out instructions provided in the relevant e-mail or SMS, or ii) by writing to Threshold Sports, LU.416, The Lightbulb, Filament Walk, Wandsworth, London, SW184GQ. Please note that due to email production schedules you may still receive any mailings that are already in production. Participants acknowledge that a valid e-mail address or SMS contact number will be required at all times in order for Participants to receive important Event information and the Participant hereby consents to receive any such information.
For marketing purposes we use third party services to house and collect data for website forms, customer relationship management, digital marketing and survey collection.
We will not exchange or sell your personal information to another organisation for any other purposes, unless instructed to do so by you’.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
In simple terms, your personal data may be used to help us effectively market our event products and surrounding information to you.
We have summarised below the different reasons why we do this (these are often referred to as ‘purposes’). How we use your data for these purposes will depend on the nature of our relationship with you.
- To send you marketing communications including news, updates and promotions around our Threshold Sports events
- By entering an event you grant us and those authorised by us the free and unfettered right to use such photographs, filming and recording for any purposes it deems reasonable including, but not limited to, publication, display, sale and distribution by means of film, television, radio, print media, internet, publicity material or any other new media now or in the future.
- If you have registered for an event and have specifically opted in to hear more about our corporate benefits we may get in touch to discuss corporate teams
Analysis, targeting and segmentation
- To better understand our participants and allow us to serve you email marketing and messages that are optimised and for you and tailored to you
- To carry out research to better understand the audience profile and demographics of our events
- To send you surveys
Media and PR
- Contacting you about press enquiries and case studies to help promote our events if you have opted in on our entry form agreeing us for us to do so.
We’ll retain personal information for different periods of time depending on your relationship with Threshold Sports.
For marketing research purposes we will keep some data indefinitely (for example, your name and event participation history).
We will only get in touch with you if you are subscribed to our marketing database. If you decide you no longer wish to hear from us, we’ll need you to unsubscribe at the bottom of any email communication or alternatively get in touch with us directly for any further requirements.
If you’d like more information on our retention policy, please get in touch via the contact details below.
Threshold Sports’ operations are based in the UK and we store our data within the European Economic Area (EEA).
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
When Threshold Sports is using your personal information on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You also have the right to ask Threshold Sports to stop using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. Simply unsubscribe at the bottom of any email send out or contact us and we will amend your contact preferences.
You have the following rights;
Right to be Informed
You have the right to be told how your personal information will be used. This policy document, and shorter summary statements used on our communications, are intended to be a clear and transparent description of how your data may be used.
Right of Access
You can contact us asking what information we hold on you and to request a copy of that information. From May 2018 we will have 30 days to comply once we are satisfied you have rights to see the requested records and we have successfully confirmed your identity.
Right of Erasure
From May 2018, you have the right to be forgotten (i.e. to have your personally identifiable data deleted). We’ll be required to keep an appropriate record (such as a suppression list) so that we can make sure you don’t receive future communications.
Right of Rectification
If you believe our records are inaccurate you have the right to ask for those records concerning you to be updated.
Right to Restrict Processing
In certain situations you have the right to ask for processing of your personal data to be restricted because there is some disagreement about its accuracy or legitimate usage.
Right to Data Portability
Where we are processing your personal data under your consent the law allows you to request data portability from one service provider to another. This right is largely seen as a way for people to transfer their personal data from one service provider to a competitor.
Right to Object
You have an absolute right to stop the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY
In the first instance, please talk to us directly so we can help resolve any problem or query.
Please log your query or complaint here: http://www.thresholdsports.co.uk/your-data
If you have any questions about this Policy, or about how Threshold Sports manages your data, please contact our Supporter Services team:
Online query form: http://www.thresholdsports.co.uk/your-data
Phone: 020 7603 1878
Post: Threshold Sports, LU.416, The Light Bulb, 1 Filament Walk, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4GQ
COLLECTION OF DATA THROUGH COOKIES
WHAT ARE COOKIES
We use the following types of cookies:
(a) Analytic/performance cookies – these allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
(b) Functionality cookies – these are used to recognise you when you return to our website so that we can personalise our content for you and remember your preferences, e.g. whether you are signed up to email alerts.
(d) Targeting cookies – these record your visit to our website, pages you have visited and links you have followed. We may use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed to you more relevant to your interests, and may share this information with third parties for this purpose.
The table below provides more information about the cookies we use and why:
|Google Analytics||This is common performance cookie that many websites use. It allows us to collect anonymous information about how you and other users use our website and helps us to improve the Website.|
|Facebook Pixel||To monitor how useful our Facebook advertising is to users and enable them to be served Facebook adverts that are relevant to them.|
|SSESS||To recognise users when they move from page to page within our Website and remember any information they have entered.|
|Quantcast (_qca)||This may use user computers’ IP addresses, pixel codes, HTTP locations, search strings, time of access, searches made on the Website and other statistics in order to analyse Log Data from different websites and combine it with other non-Personally Identifiable Information to produce the reports that are made available on the Quantcast site. This enables web publishers and advertisers to deliver audience segments that are appropriate for their products or services|
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SOCIAL NETWORKS
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY AND FURTHER INFORMATION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This website is provided by Threshold Sports Ltd. Please read these conditions, legal notices and disclaimers carefully before using the site. Your use of the site constitutes your agreement to abide by these conditions, legal notices and disclaimers.
The content of the site is provided for general information only and is not intended as specific advice. Users who rely on the information contained within this website do so at their own risk. The information is made available for public use solely on the basis that Threshold Sports excludes to the extent lawfully permitted any and all liability for any loss or damage to data or computer systems which result from use of this site.
All material on this site is copyright of Threshold Sports or third parties working on behalf of the Threshold Sports. You may view the contents of the site on screen, and you may print one copy of any leaflets and factsheets contained on the site for that purpose, but if you require multiple copies of any leaflets or factsheets, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Images for media use can be obtained by emailing email@example.com.
No other part of this site may be copied, reproduced, published, modified, transmitted or broadcast without the prior permission of Threshold Sports.
The Threshold Sports and relative event logo is subject to copyright and may not be used without prior consent of the Brand team.
COMPETITIONS AND PRIZE DRAWS
From time to time we will run competitions and prize draws as part of promotions on this website. The terms and conditions specific to each will be detailed on the page related to the promotion or offer. If you have any queries regarding these or any other promotional offers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.