Event: Deloitte Ride Across Britain
Brief: Deloitte asked Threshold to build a Deloitte ‘named’ event that would engage employees across all their regions and business units as well as including a platform to increase client engagement. The event needed to raise funds for Deloitte’s chosen charity, the British Paralympic Association and raise awareness of disability sport, whilst including a public facing element.
Response: Threshold saw the boom in cycling amongst the Deloitte target group and set out to create the premier long distance cycle challenge in the UK. Deloitte Ride Across Britain is now an established annual, nine day, 960 mile event that sees 700 riders take on the iconic End to End route. Threshold focused on building an event that would appeal to Deloitte’s staff and clients and made service and quality central to the experience. The introduction of bespoke training plans, training days and a 9 month communications plan in the run up to the event allowed in depth engagement with staff and clients and through integrating the British Paralympic Association into the Ride we were able to showcase Deloitte’s commitment to Disability Sport.
- Almost 1,000 Deloitte people have participated and represented every service line and grade from the 23 offices across the UK
- Deloitte have raised over £1.5 million for the BPA
- Advertising value equivalency of over £2 million in one year alone
- 94% of riders have crossed the finish line
- Short listed for the Sport Industry Awards