We’re hugely proud to report that Dixons Carphone Race to the Stones walked away with the Employee Engagement prize at the European Sponsorship Awards last night.
Dixons and Carphone Warehouse’s £3.8bn merger in 2014 meant they had a diverse work force of over 43,000 that urgently needed uniting. The judges were impressed by how Dixons Carphone’s tightly targeted sponsorship of the Race to the Stones ultra marathon met multiple CSR objectives and instantly showcased the new company’s values.
The partnership has already seen hundreds of employees walk, jog and run 100km along the oldest path in Britain smashing business targets along the way:
High levels of engagement across the two companies
- Once in a lifetime experiences of participants shared with full 44,000 employee base
- Event places oversubscribed: 2014: 185 places, 2015: 235 places (+27%)
- 85% of those who took part said it increased their sense of pride in working for DC
- 96% of those who took part said the event helped them to foster closer relationships with colleagues
Long lasting impact on the health and wellbeing of employees
- 86% of participants said training for RTTS has improved their overall health
- 70% of participants said RTTS inspired them to exercise more regularly
Maximised ROI from charity partnership funding
- 81% of employees who took part said it helped them feel closer to Get Connected
- In 2014 Team GC raised £45,000, in 2015 £63,000 has been raised to date with further money raised for GC from non-Dixons Carphone participants
High profile coverage for the campaign
- B2B and B2C campaign generated media coverage on Radio 2, Outdoor Fitness, Trail Running, Men’s Running, Women’s Running, Mobile Today Magazine and Employee Benefits Magazine
A massive thanks from all of us at Threshold to the teams at Dixons Carphone and Get Connected without whom there would be no Race to the Stones.