RBS smashing fundraising for Sport Relief
RBS are a corporate partner for Sport Relief 2016 and wanted to raise a significant part of their overall fundraising target through a UK wide employee engagement challenge. It had to get over 1,500 employees taking part, fundraise over £250,000 for Sport Relief and create a platform for senior leadership visibility. This would be a first of its kind for RBS and had to be turned from brief to event in just 11 weeks.
What did Threshold recommend?
Threshold proposed a two part campaign:
- London to Edinburgh Cycle Ride: A 5 day, 500 mile cycle ride between the two main office hubs in Bishopsgate and Gogarburn. It provided the opportunity to ride the full 5 days, or choose from 8 different 100 mile or 35 mile sections up the country.
- Static Bike challenge. In office activity provided for those who are less active or have less time to take part which would involve offices from Jersey to Inverness.
Who took part?
- Over 1,500 employees got involved
How did we do?
- One of the biggest corporate fundraisers in Sport Relief’s 30 year history
- Fundraising target smashed with over £610,000 raised vs target of £250k
- Unprecedented 15 point jump in engagement scores of Annual HR employee survey
- 93% riders had increased pride in working for RBS
- 94% riders said it had increased their perception for RBS’ support for communities
- 85% said closer relationships were formed as a result of participation in the challenge
- 73% said the challenge helped to improve their fitness and commitment to exercise moving forward